Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year~ New Direction

Exciting changes for Amanda Dorris Photography!!!



Wow, I haven't blogged since July and hope to get caught up very soon.  I am heading in a new direction with my business that hopefully will give me enough time to keep up with all aspects of my business including this lovely blog.  


Cliff notes version:  Beginning in 2014 I will be exclusively photographing newborns.  I will be offering mini sessions throughout the year that will be open to anyone.  I am very excited about 2014.  I know by focusing on the area of photography that brings me so much Joy will make it an amazing year.

Check out my new website  www.amandadorrisphotography.com 
My hubby is SOOOOO talented and he made this for me.  Just exactly how I wanted.  





Long winded probably too wordy version:  
When I got my first DSLR camera a few years ago I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be where I am today.  What was to only be a hobby so that I could take decent pictures of my children turned into a business.  Who knew.  And, I am so thankful for my friends that let me practice on your babies....I would not be where I am today without it.  When my "business" began I did a little bit of everything.  I wouldn't turn down a session for any reason and did most for free.  But, as the time has passed I have learned what parts of photography bring me so much joy and which parts completely stress me out.  I have also learned that I am not good at all types of sessions but there is one particular one that I truly love to do....newborns!  So, that being said I have decided to focus exclusively on newborns in 2014.   My main job is to be a mommy to my three little boys and being as busy as I have been the last few years they have really felt it.  My weekends were taken up by sessions and my free time at home was taken up by the editing.  I have realized I cannot keep up at this pace any longer.  




Since I have done a little bit of everything, I have learned that I absolutely love newborns.  I love everything about them and I get so excited about these sessions sooooooo.....

Starting in 2014 I will no longer accept any new clients except for newborn clients. For my existing clients I will be holding mini sessions throughout the year.   Those clients interested in having a more consistent photographer I have a few photog friends that I can refer you to.  For those clients who book a newborn session, I will continue to do maternity sessions and also the six month and one year sessions if you choose to book a package. 

I want to thank all of my clients who allowed me to be a part of your memories and allowing me to capture them for you.  It truly was a blessing and I have learned so much from you all.  

I am sooo excited for 2014 and getting to snuggle with so many new babies.  

Contact me if you have any questions at all!  







No comments:

Post a Comment