Sunday, April 28, 2013

Project 52- Week 18

 
This weekend I had the pleasure of going along with my boys to celebrate my beautiful Grandmothers 90th birthday.  It is a day that I wasn't sure would come because she has been in declining health.  It was a lovely party with tons of friends and family and a room full of people who have somehow been affected and loved by my Nanny. 
 
Nanny has been such a huge part of my life since I was a baby.  Some of my favorite memories were our Tuesday/Thursday lunches when I was in college.  We would drink Diet Coke, eat a yummy lunch (cooked by Nan) and watch The young and the restless and General Hospital.  We would just spend a few hours together, talking, laughing and making some great memories. 
 
Now that I live in North Richland Hills, I don't see Nanny near enough.  I am so thankful that my boys have had a chance to get to know her and they love her as much as I do. 
 
Nanny has had a wonderful 90 years of life.  3 children, countless grandchildren, a sister who lives in the nursing home with her and helps take care of her.  She is one blessed lady. 
 
 
Nanny, the boys and I love you dearly.  I thank you for the impact you have made on my life and I am a better Mother because of you. 
 
Boys, this lady is a special treasure.  You are so lucky that she is your Great Grandmother.

Till next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment